TL;DR – Most users have a story about how your SaaS made them proud – you’re only one ask away from them sharing it.
How to turn every customer into an advocate in a sustainable way?
We explored this topic in yesterday’s CEO Mastermind – and here’s why:
- If you’re unable to turn customers into advocates, creating predictable traction is very hard and expensive.
- Different cultural behaviors by regions and industry
- It’s nobody’s job’ – but everybody’s responsibility
- The hassle with corporate governance
What’s at stake
- Being unable to create fans can quickly make your brand bland. And that’s felt everywhere: in recruiting, your marketing budget, sales conversion, etcetera
Here’s the thing:
We always look up to those companies that grow exponentially by word of mouth. But let’s remember, all those companies started at zero as well.
As such, it’s a mindset issue
- It’s about being creative
- It’s about creating habits
- It’s about finding leverage
In respect to this, here are some ideas to get you started
- Focus on people. Shift the focus from the company that bought your SaaS to the users that create experiences they’re proud of.
- Leverage the power of belonging. Consider Narrative Design to share an inspiring vision that people (your users) want to be part of.
- Make it a habit. 100s of opportunities go wasted because we don’t leverage the moments to ask people for help when we ‘meet’ them.
The question for you to reflect upon:
How can you 10x the number of advocates for your SaaS products without wasting your scarce resources?
Like this message?
Every day I send out a short 2 min reflection on shaping a B2B SaaS business no one can ignore. Join the 1,000+ subscribers that have become fans.
Not sure? Browse the archive