3 unexpected benefits from clarifying your value proposition
What you typically expect is this:
- Being able to attract the right customers and detract the wrong ones
- Being able to explain the value you help your customers create in a way they instantly get
- Shorten sales cycles, increase win rates and grow deal value (stop the discounting)
However, there’s so much more.
Here are the 3 unexpected benefits @Quintus Willemse, CEO of Share Council, shared with me this morning
- The strategic clarity, alignment, and focus it has created across Marketing, sales, and product strategy.
- The team-building effect it has created doing the process – making them even stronger and better able to move mountains
- Stability – the journey of a startup is full of ups and downs – having the value foundation in place brings stability for both the team and the company
- We often think too much in silos – that a compelling value proposition mainly helps sales, for example.
- We often think too much about the things we can measure where the intangibles could have an even more significant impact.
Question to you: Is your value proposition your superpower (yet)?
Like this message?
Every day I send out a short 2 min reflection on shaping a B2B SaaS business no one can ignore. Join the 1,000+ subscribers that have become fans.
Not sure? Browse the archive