I’ve had two inspiring conversations this week where ‘the demo’ appeared to be the deal killer instead of the accelerator.
I’ve written about it many times – and likely, this won’t be the last one.
But since we’ve entered the last month of the year, I wanted to share five fundamental principles to challenge how you do your demos – so it can still contribute to ending the year with a bang.
What characterizes a SaaS demo that accelerates sales?
- It goes straight to the problem. It hooks the viewer by diving straight into the essence of a real-life and urgent situation.
- It creates desire. It takes the buyer on an imaginative journey and connects to something they want or aspire.
- It creates urgency. It makes people reflect on their feet and realize why doing nothing is not an option.
- It’s simple to follow. It leverages storytelling, analogies, or personal experiences to get complex concepts/situations across in an easy way.
- It feels human, i.e., conversational, on the same wavelength as the buyer, refrains from jargon, and subtly addresses their frustrations, fears, doubts, and hopes
Key takeaway: Make it about them. Position them as the hero.
Question for you to reflect upon
If you analyze the latest demo, your team gave – how many principles did that demo tick? What does that mean?
Like this message?
Every day I send out a short 2 min reflection on shaping a B2B SaaS business no one can ignore. Join the 1,000+ subscribers that have become fans.
Not sure? Browse the archive