Earlier this week, this line caught my attention: Complexity kills; simplicity scales.
There’s just so much truth in these four words.
- Nine out of ten websites kill lead conversion because of complexity
- Nine out of ten value propositions kill traction because of complexity
- Nine out of ten demos kill or delay deals because of complexity
- Nine out of ten products kill adoption because of complexity
We always tend to urge to mention everything cool about our SaaS product: it has revolutionary AI inside. It leverages the latest Web3 protocols. It’s an end-to-end, unified solution. And so on.
Sure, it makes us, tech professionals, proud. All the long hours of blood, sweat, and tears that went in to produce it.
But what’s that all worth if the customers we built it for are confused?
Complexity kills; simplicity scales.
- simplicity is instantly understood
- simplicity drives memorability
- simplicity fuels word of mouth
All components that help grow our SaaS business.
Question for you to reflect upon
What part of your value proposition gets lost in translation? How could you say that part in an instantly understood and memorable way?
Like this message?
I send out a short 2 min daily reflection on shaping a B2B SaaS business no one can ignore. Join 1,000+ daily subscribers.
Automatically receive Ton's Daily Reflection
Get my free, 2 min daily reflection on shaping a B2B SaaS business no one can ignore
Not sure? Browse the archive