Growth = Speed * Momentum.
Speed is basically how quickly you go from idea to execution.
Momentum is how the market responds to your actions.
I’d like to add to this to address several misconceptions
- Speed is not about cutting corners
- Speed is not about rushing things
Speed should be about creating a remarkable outcome fast. That’s about:
- Focusing on the essence
- Focusing on being different, not just better
- Focusing on someone, not everyone
On to creating momentum
- Momentum is not about push and hard-sell
- Momentum is not about many one-off purchases
Momentum is about creating a motion that’s hard to stop. That’s about
- Focusing on creating a pull effect in the market
- Focusing on creating a desire to buy more, more often.
- Focusing on getting customers to talk about you
Question for you to reflect upon
What underpins the growth of your SaaS business? Which element could you focus on to surprise everyone: Speed or Momentum?