In one of my mentoring sessions with Techstars, this question came up:
“How can we make our sales process self-service? Any tips on this? I do not recall anyone from Slack or Canva calling me to sell me something. I am a paying customer today though”
Just reflect on this – what’s different?
It is because they flipped the process.
It is not about selling. It’s about making people buy (and making that easy).
The big question is: How?
I’ve talked about this many times in my weekly podcast, and here are ten things that consistently come back from vendors that master this:
- Simplicity: they eliminate all the barriers to start
- Instant value: they design for quick wins
- Stickiness: they make users want to come back for more
- Network pull: make one user pull in the other to grow their value
- Virality: they design to spark desire around the core users’ circles
- Grass-root focus: they spark a growth bottom-up, not top-down
- Usage: their core metrics prioritize usage growth over user growth.
- Power of moments: they prioritize creating peaks over fixing gaps.
- Problem-obsessed: they exist to solve a meaningful problem
- Outcome over output: they understand it’s not about what their product does but what it results in
Question for you to reflect upon:
On a scale of 1-10, what’s the opportunity within your SaaS solution to spark a flywheel for growth? Which of the above top 10 could help you accelerate?
Like this message?
Every day I send out a short 2 min reflection to help B2B SaaS CEOs discover the hidden gems towards Remarkable Traction. Join the 1,000+ subscribers that have become fans.
Not sure? Browse the archive