“I have a 100% unbroken track record of underestimating the potential of Shopify.”
First, isn’t that dream we all have when starting a SaaS business?
Second – the big question: What’s the secret?
Reflecting on this question gave me five observations:
- Measure your success by the value you help your customers create
- Play the infinite game instead of the finite game. That is about creating meaningful change – not about winning or losing.
- Define your business around a multi-year journey, not a fiscal year
- Define the outcomes you aim for in qualities (change and impact), not quantities
- Aim too high and be OK to potentially miss it, rather than too low and reach it.
I am a big believer that if we focus on making a meaningful difference for our customers, the value will come our way – and most likely in volumes that we couldn’t even imagine forecasting.
Question for you to reflect upon:
What’s your track record in underestimating the true potential of your SaaS business? If it’s not 100% – what could you change?
Like this message?
Every day I send out a short 2 min reflection on shaping a B2B SaaS business no one can ignore. Join the 1,000+ subscribers that have become fans.
Not sure? Browse the archive