The best B2B SaaS sales….
- Don’t think ‘demo’ but ‘discovery.’
- Listen with the intent to learn, not answer.
- Ask questions that make customers open up to share what’s really at stake.
- Use discovery as an audition for the customer, and drive the conversation with the intent to qualify out.
- Tell customers what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.
- Only ‘qualify-in’ if 100% sure they are incomparable in helping the customer make a meaningful difference
- Then they master the art of surprise and hitting the right nerve.
- Leverage the power of storytelling to create a desire between ‘what is’ and ‘what can be.’
- If they show the product, it’s focused on doing a proof of value, never a harbor tour.
- Lastly, they focus on the essence and make their offer about the most valuable and critical outcomes to the customer.
Question for you to reflect upon
What % of your SaaS salesforce matches this profile? What if they would?
Like this message?
Every day I send out a short 2 min reflection on shaping a B2B SaaS business no one can ignore. Join the 1,000+ subscribers that have become fans.
Not sure? Browse the archive