What guarantee would make you sweat – but your customers cheer? That was the subject of yesterday’s CEO Mastermind. Thought-provoking…
Why? Because answering this question can change your SaaS business for good.
Here’s the thing:
In B2B SaaS, we often promise the moon – but don’t back it up with guarantees.
I often hear people say, ‘yes, sure, you have to take it with a grain of salt.’
Obviously, our prospects spot this as well. The result? Skepticism.
So what if we’d address this and not only make a bold promise but instead guarantee it? Here are some ideas:
Think in outcomes
- Retention/engagement rates that will improve x% – guaranteed
- X% of revenue will convert to Ebitda – guaranteed
- Accelerate time to sale with x days – guaranteed
Think in risks
- We take on liability for all fraud that takes place on our platform
- We take on liability for charging and remitting sales taxes, globally
- We ensure no Inbound lead gets lost – guaranteed
Think about things they never have to bother about any more
- We reconcile your revenue data across billing and payment methods
- We handle all billing-related support queries for you
- Reduce churn by recovering failed payments
Imagine what would happen…
- … in the mind of prospects.
- … to our competitive position
- … to our ability to monetize premium levels
- … to our ability to shorten sales cycles and increase win rates
The rule: the more it makes you sweat – the bigger your defensible differentiation. It’s what you can evolve into – keep raising the bar every quarter, strengthening your promise and credibility while increasing your distance from competitors.
Question for you to reflect upon:
What guarantee would make you sweat – but your customers cheer? What if you’d add that to your value proposition?
Like this message?
Every day I send out a short 2 min reflection on shaping a B2B SaaS business no one can ignore. Join the 1,000+ subscribers that have become fans.
Not sure? Browse the archive