When do you know when you’re doing too much?
One CEO raised this question yesterday during our weekly Mastermind, which got me thinking.
Personally, I’ve experienced this:
- Making +90 hours a week – but not delivering enough of what my boss expected
- Creating 100+ slide decks – but not meeting expectations enough from my audience
- Offering a service with all bells and whistles – but not enough to make customers fans
Key takeaway: Doing too much often results in delivering too little
- Too little impact
- Too little attention to what matters
- Too little empathy for what others care about and need
What I realize always gets me grounded:
- Taking much more time to care for myself (sleep, exercise..)
- Taking much more time to reflect
- Taking much more time to listen and learn (not assume)
With that said – this is exactly what I am going to do.
I am off for some holiday. I’ll see you back around August 8th for the next Daily Reflection.
Like this message?
Every day I send out a short 2 min reflection on shaping a B2B SaaS business no one can ignore. Join the 1,000+ subscribers that have become fans.
Not sure? Browse the archive