This podcast interview focuses on product innovation that has the power to help digital marketers prove and improve the impact they can make in content marketing and accelerate revenue on the back of it. My guest is Avishai Sharon, Co-Founder and CEO of Trendemon
He has over 15 years of experience in product design and management, UI/UX, web and mobile applications, entrepreneurship and startups. In 2005 he founded a digital marketing agency that helped B2B companies build and execute digital marketing strategies. He is also a Captain in the Israeli Air Force and an avid extreme sports enthusiast.
Today he’s CEO and Co-founder at Trendemon, a revenue acceleration SaaS platform which helps B2B companies close more deals from their content marketing efforts and assets. It does this by empowering marketers to prove and improve their content’s impact.
This resonated with me, and hence I invited Avishai to my podcast. We explore the disconnect in what marketers do and the direct impact that has on business performance. Why it takes a different way of thinking to solve this challenge – as focusing on increasing traffic is not the answer. And last but not least we discuss what it takes to build a software businesspeople just keep talking about.
Here are some of his quotes:
I was working at a marketing agency. A big challenge that I was running into those days was how do I prove to my customers, companies that were paying substantial amounts, that the work that we were doing, the effort that we were putting in, was actually impacting their bottom line.
That disconnect between work that’s being done and the inability or the challenge of proving it was what got me started Trendemon
The main opportunity that we see here is that most marketers, especially in content, are storytellers. And I think that we’re not seeing technology as a way to replace storytelling. Storytelling is a very human and delicate and sophisticated capability. We want to empower them with data that gives them the ability to validate their work with results, and help them show unequivocally how content, blog posts, videos have been created, help the company close more deals.
During this interview, you will learn four things:
- That we often focus optimizing our software products too much on making doing the work easier, rather than to do that work with more impact.
- How being deliberate about how to stay as independent as possible through your products strategy choices will bring opportunities you might not expect
- That to spur creativity and curiosity you have to create probing challenges
- Why you should plan for your inflection points – those momentum building events that you can leverage to get to the next stage.
- Subscribe to my weekly musing on how to become a remarkable software business.
- Or subscribe to the Value Inspiration Podcast on your favorite channel