It’s the 3rd out of 10 Traits I describe in my book The Remarkable Effect. And since we’re entering the business planning phase of the year again, it’s a valuable topic to reflect upon.
- In marketing, different makes you stand out.
- In sales, different helps you win – even against better-funded competitors
- And customers? They are willing to pay a premium for different.
It’s that simple.
Different is most meaningful when it convinces your ideal customer that you can do the same thing as the alternative offerings they’re assessing, just with a fundamentally different outcome. This outcome becomes irresistible for the buyer.
𝗥𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗦𝗮𝗮𝗦 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 – 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀.
They score high on all of the following three questions:
- What’s your ability to create a new value norm amongst your ideal customers?
- How difficult will it be for competitors to match you in delivering the unique value you provide today?
- What’s your ability to play by your own rules instead of by someone else’s rules?
𝗦𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝘂𝗽𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸
How does your SaaS business score on these questions? What do you see?
Like this message?
Every day I send out a short 2 min reflection to help B2B SaaS CEOs discover the hidden gems towards Remarkable Traction. Join the 1,000+ subscribers that have become fans.
Not sure? Browse the archive